Saturday, December 31, 2011

Triple Frontal Helix

Yesterday I went to Showtime Tattoos in Tuscaloosa, AL and got a Triple Frontal Helix.


I've been going back and forth on getting this...and I finally just did. I was mostly held back by how painful I thought this was going to be...so before I could dwell TOO much on it...I set the coordinates into our new GPS and was able to not think about it until we reached our destination . By the time we got there all I had to do was walk in...and I knew with everyone watching me I wouldn't be able to turn back.

The process was fairly easy...I filled out a release form, I looked at the guys portfolio and certifications, he explained the procedure for me...and then the fun started. Unlike other piercings, the frontal helix is done on such a small area that a clamp is needed to hold the ear in place/still. Honestly, the clamp was the most painful part. He placed the clamp on my ear, told me to breath in and then breath out...and when I did breath out the needle went in. I didn't feel the first piercing. Seriously, I did not feel the needle...only the clamp.

The second hole was the most painful and that was only because the clamp had to cover a part of the first piercing...but the pain only lasted a minute or two and again, I didn't feel the needle. Thankfully, by the time he was ready for the third piercing (the top ball) he didn't need the clamp anymore because the area was a little larger to work with. The third hole was completely painless and quick.

I did feel like a champ at the end though...the guy was telling me that they don't get very many requests for a Triple Frontal Helix because most people only have the balls for one. I guess I have some cojones. Though honestly, once you've had a needle go through your eye (countless times, I might add)...getting your nose or your ear pierced doesn't really seem that bad.

I think the process took all of 20 minutes (from looking at his portfolio, to looking at my wonderful new helix) and it was waaaaaaay less painful than when I had my nose pierced. The only down side is I normally sleep on my right side...and for the next couple of weeks I won't be able to do that. Boo. But this morning my ear feels completely normal and the swelling has all but disappeared. Thank goodness.

In about 6 weeks I will be going back to Showtime to order my permanent jewelry (because as much as think I look cool now, I really don't want these huge, stainless steel balls in my ear permanently) and have it professionally placed (because knowing myself...I would somehow mess up this simple procedure and cause my ear to become infected). This is the look I would ultimately like to have:

Pinned Image

I will keep you posted on my wonderful Triple Frontal Helix. <3

2 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous!! When I saw this piercing, I fell in love instantly! It's unique enough that I've never actually seen it, but it isn't so weird that people would stare. It is gorgeous. Planning to get this done ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You totally should get this piercing! It's subtle enough to hide with your hair but still looks pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete