Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bulldozer

I love my dogs.

I love my dogs.

I love my dogs.

Does anyone want to take them? Seriously?

About 2 months ago Moose knocked out his first metal panel on our porch. Fine. Fixed it. Since then he  knocked out it's neighbor panel...and the original panel again...and the neighbor panel again...and the original panel...again. I finally, finally fixed them...again.

A week ago, after taking my dogs on a nice, long walk...I came home and Moose ran up the stairs, down the stairs and into the wall. Leaving a large dent.

Today the little bulldozer knocked out the stupid panel. AGAIN. I'm sorry. It's been one demolition too many. Seeing my dogs sprint around the backyard, unfazed by their reckless ways, made me frustrated. And I look like a crazy lady yelling at her dogs in the backyard. My hair added a nice touch to this...it was sticking up every way possible (note, do not wash hair before bed). So...I'm sure the whole neighborhood thinks I'm a mean person thanks to my depth perception challenged dog.

I love my dogs.

I love my dogs.

I love my dogs.

To top my morning off...the first thing Ken tells me is the cats caught a cockroach. Nice job cats. Except they didn't eat it. They just like to hit the dead insect around the floor. And of course my husband just leaves it to the cats aka leaving it for me to pick up.

UGH!!

Can we move out of the South now? I am so tired of it. I am so frustrated with the bugs. I hate our dust bowl backyard. And the shotty craftsmanship of our house is really getting annoying. Granted, my dogs are big and can be hard on things but they aren't THAT hard. Moose shouldn't have been able to dent the wall. Thin metal panels were not a wise material choice. Not to mention all the stains on my carpet from the past year are reappearing. Even the stains that were cleaned with a carpet cleaner...even the stains that were professionally cleaned. Really?! Does this happen to other people?!

2 comments:

  1. The carpet stains? Yes.
    Ugh, I hate the bugs down here too. And Athena is similar to your cats; she'll stare at the bug, but won't do anything about it. She's just kind of like "Huh. Well, that's something," then walk away, unfazed. We'll be like, "Athena! Get it, get it!" and she'll just look at us like, "Uh... no." But she'll eat field mice. Yuck. DX
    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my dogs have not captured anything living...yet...that I know of…though about a year ago I took Moose to the lake on base and he found a dead frog…and proceeded to run away with it…it was so so so so disgusting! Luckily after a minute or two I was able to convince him to drop it.

    And our carpet stains are (mostly) unrelated to our dogs (our backyard is a dusty mess and they do drag stuff in occasionally). Supposedly our foundation was never fully sealed...and so water leaks up from underneath...and I'm pretty sure it has turned into a mold or some other nonpleasant growth beneath our carpet. It is just one large stain spreading...so gross.

    ReplyDelete