Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...I turned 23!!

Thank you everyone for all the fabulous birthday wishes. I spent my day not in my usual birthday fashion (i.e. shopping and eating) but it was still a great day.

What happened on my birthday?
  1. I was supposed to work all day but ended up only working my morning shift. Which was so much fun. I was in the pre school classroom and the kids were great (they sang me happy birthday) and we made no bake pumpkin pie. It was soooo yummy. And then we  had pizza for lunch. Fantastic, right?
  2. After work I took my dogs out to a field and played with them. They loved it, I loved it, and the best part was later that night I had tired dogs. The best.
  3. I picked up some dinner from the commissary. I decided I didn't want to be eating horribly all month long, so we are doing our big, yummy, calories filled dinner on halloween in honor of both my birthday and trick or treating.
  4. Ken picked up some peanut butter pie from The Sweet Shop here in town. SOOOOOO good. It is ridiculously rich though, and I didn't finish it. He did put 23 candles on my slice. So sweet.
  5. We chilled the rest of the night...watching movies and just being homebodies.
  6. The next morning I slept in and then got ready because it was Career Day here at Columbus. Basically...bunches of planes and jets come out for a static display and we get to walk around on them and explore them and talk to the pilots and crew. It was really fun.
  7. We went over to one of Ken's friends house later and did dinner and a movie.
  8. Sunday we just hung out and cleaned and played with dogs.
And now it is Tuesday. And back to work. And having to wait for another year for another birthday. Boo.

I realize I don't write much about my work...there really isn't much to say...but yesterday truly made me happy. I was out on the playground playing and talking with the 2 year olds when I stopped for a minute and crossed my arms and scanned the playground (keeping track of all those little nose slugs...eww...lol) when one of the little boys came up besides me, looked up at me, then crossed his arms across his chest and started to scan the playground to. Later he gathered me a bunch of little purple flowers. Love him. Moments like that really make me love my job. I can wait for little nose slugs of my own...It's nice giving them back to their parents at the end of the day.

So what's going on this afternoon? A run, exercising my dogs, commissary shopping, taking some tests at work, and working this after noon. Sigh,

No comments:

Post a Comment