Thursday, September 15, 2011

RemakingRacheal #1

Starting Point: 5K in 30 minutes.
Flexibility: Pretty limited...like a log...or the tin man...or a ruler.

Food Intake:
Breakfast-2 slices toast with peanut butter and banana. YUM!
Lunch-Shake (2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup spring mix mesclun, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 oz of soy, 1 can V8 ((low sodium)) and 1 scoop super foods supreme.) Super healthy and doesn't taste TOO bad...especially when you don't breath through your nose. I split it in half, drink the first half 2 1/2 hours after breakfast (breakfast was at 9:00) and the other half at 2 hours after the first. Keeps me full through the day.
Dinner-Mini Chicken Pot Pies (Eee!! I'm so excited!!) and peach slices. Yuuuummmm!!!
Dessert-Cup of chai tea latte.
*And lots and lots of water throughout the day.

I think I can keep this up. I like to eat hearty breakfasts (like pb banana toast or unflavored oatmeal w/ nuts & fruit, gives me lots of energy) so that isn't a change in my everyday diet, and I enjoy cooking meals (like Mini Chicken Pot Pies!!! EEEEE!!) so that's not a change either. The hardest part of my day is lunch. If I make a sandwich I have to include chips...and a pickle spear...and a cookie (just like at a deli!) and I HATE frozen entrees (That's right, Lean Cuisine. I am not a fan). So the shake is the biggest change to my everyday food intake. We will see how often I can keep this up.

Exercise:
Ran 2.5 miles and walked 1.5 miles. Walked my dogs for an hour (Hey, it counts!). Skipped the pilates...Maybe later? I doubt it.

BUT I am super excited. A few nights ago I ordered Brazil Butt Lift from Beach Body. We have P90X but it honestly is way beyond my current abilities. I'm hoping that 90 days from when I receive the BBL dvd set (along with my training program for the Disney Princess Half Marathon--running, yoga, and pilates) I will be ready to start P90X.

This WILL be a common theme in my blog. My road to fitness. My path to a healthier, more holistic lifestyle. It will be a public account of my exercise, my diet, and any other inspirational/motivational/tips I learn along the way. I will be calling these entries: RemakingRacheal (I saw a blog called LosingLuisa last night and I LOVED it, so this is my take).

3 comments:

  1. PB toast... that's become my usual breakfast too. Another fav is Kashi with a few spoonfuls of nonfat plain yogurt on top instead of milk. I'm going to have to try your shake because on my days off from work I will just munch away. LOL. Really cool blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the shake at your own risk; I make no promises to taste. I didn't breath when I drank it...which is GOOD...though luckily it had a *pleasant* after taste and the consistency wasn't that bad.

    I will be posting images shortly.

    Basically the only staples in it will be V8, tofu, and any assortment of veggies you want. It did keep me full.

    ReplyDelete