Monday, September 19, 2011

RemakingRacheal #2

I have been drinking my vile green/brown veggie shakes & FANTASTIC fruit shakes for 5 days now. Yes. You read that right. Veggie=Vile. Are they really vile? Maybe. Maybe not. BUT I am one of those people who have a natural aversion to Cilantro. I hate it, it makes me sick, and if you are cutting up some in the kitchen I will leave the house. What is it about Cilantro I abhor? There is a bitter, sterilized earth scent that turns my stomach. What does Cilantro have to do with my shakes? I am finding that I have the same reaction to some vegetables (like squash); after I drink my smoothie I have an after smell (yes, after smell) that reminds me of cilantro. Maybe I'm just allergic to the earth.

My fruit shakes are SOOOOO much better. The one I made today included: a mandarin orange,a banana, an apple, a peach, 6 strawberries, 1/2 cup blue berries, 1/4 cup black berries, half a serving of acai Juice, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop weigh protein (vanilla ice cream flavor). Definitely something I can drink all day. And no earthy after smells. YAY!

I lied in my previous RemakingRacheal post...while my Brazil Butt Lift DID come in on Friday (it's awesome!) I am going to do P90X 6 days a week WITH my running program 3 days a week. It is possible, I just have to bring it. (I'm still trying to figure out what IT IS!)

Today I ran 2.5 miles (it was my easy run day, didn't kill me or leave me feeling tired) and I did Core Synergetics. This did kill me. I am currently a zombie writing this. I was drenched in sweat by the end and I wanted to collapse and not get back up. I'm glad only my dogs saw me this way.

As hard as it was, as much as I had to dig deep...I still LOVED it. Core Synergetics is the best workout I've had in a looooong time...if the rest of P90X is the same, I am both terrified and tantalized for the next 89 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment