Thursday, September 22, 2011

RemakingRacheal #4

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back."
-Abraham Lincoln

Things that made me smile today:
1.) A call from my grandma.
2.) A break through with my story.
3.) A 2.5 mile run and P90X yoga (Okay, this didn't make me smile while I was doing it, but AFTERWARDS I smiled pretty wide).
4.) My blueberry cheesecake shake.

I have come to the realization, as simple as it is, the habits you don't think about are the easiest to maintain and the hardest to break (like eating dinner in front of the TV? Guilty.). FOR instance, yesterday marked a week without soda...and I didn't crave one for the whole 7 days...and by the time I did realize I haven't been drinking soda (which put it in my mind and made me "sort of" crave one again) I had gone so long that I had a pretty good record going and didn't want to start over; it is added motivation to avoid all that sugar.

It is really hard for me to get into the habit of moving. I sit/stand/stare at and work up my work out to be so much more than it is...by the time I actually get around to doing it I have built it up to running up Mt. Everest and lifting a semi. Once I start moving I appreciate it isn't as bad as I make it out to be, that I actually enjoy working out, and I'm so much happier afterwards. It's all in my head. It's one thing to say, I believe in loving myself, and another to act on it. I love myself so I need to make life changes...and the biggest ones are mental...and the ones you don't even realize you are doing.

Tonight I cooked dinner (Yay! A break from the shakes, which, by the way, I am working on...no more Vile Greenies). I made a chicken, veggie whole wheat pasta dish with a vegan "alfredo" sauce. I added a bit too much garlic and didn't have a couple of the ingredients (mainly a Thai paste).

 The Veggies (Broccoli, Peas, Spinach)
My ingredients to make the sauce (yes, that is not vegan butter but I'm not vegan so it's okay).
FINALLY whole wheat ELBOW macaroni!
I think I got too excited on the noodles...too much macaroni.
End Product. Conclusion? Ken enjoyed it...I thought it was okay. I doubt I will be making this again, no matter how healthy.

Are you looking for a low calorie, super yummy, sweet, shake? TRY this! It's a blueberry cheesecake shake.

Ingredients:
3/4 c Frozen Blueberries (though I use fresh)
3/4 c Skim Milk
1/2 c Cold Water
1/2 c Cottage Cheese (low fat)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon-ground
4 tsp splenda (though I will be using 2 tsp sugar, I hate artificial things)

Calorie Count: w/splenda 100, w/sugar 132 (give or take a few blueberries)




I want to start drinking these in the morning so I need to add some extra components. I don't like having just one type of fruit, so I'm going to add strawberries, swap the 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of milk, and add some tofu for protein.


<3

1 comment:

  1. Oooo. Does the shake taste like blueberries and cheesecake? Also, the pups are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete