Tuesday, September 20, 2011

RemakingRacheal #3

I woke up this morning, SORE, grabbed one of my Purple Power shakes (SO GOOD), drank half, walked my dogs...and looked at my TV...and waited...and waited...and thought, "I can't bring it today, I was crazy to try P90X"...and sat and waited some more. Around 1:00 I decided enough was enough and yes, I WOULD bring it. Even if I couldn't do much I could do something.

So I popped in Cardio X and was surprised at how much I was able to do and how much sweat I worked up...I'm still not able to everything (it drains me completely!) but I did most of it and I gave it my all. Go me. I now have a buddy on the Team Beachbody website...my Dad! That's right, he does P90X too and was a major motivator for me to start.

My eating has been really clean and healthy. My body is starting to respond to this: My skin is clearing up, I am no longer tired in the afternoons, and I just seem to feel better (less headaches). As much I as dislike my Vile Green Smoothies, they are doing some amazing things for me!




HOWEVER tonight I got to eat real food...food that wasn't so good for me...because I went to a babyshower. And you know what? I had some, I indulged, but I didn't have that much (I had mostly fruit and veggies...but also some other yummy things). The longer I go without junk, the easier it is to resist it. My contribution was a fruit pizza. It turned out MUCH better than I thought it was going to. Everyone LOVED it. The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
Premade Sugar Cookie
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups white chocolate chips
Strawberries
Blueberries
Kiwi
(or any fruit you want)

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread cookie dough to cover a pizza board. Cook the cookie dough for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool. Combine the heavy cream and white chocolate chips, melt the chocolate chips (gradually! Only heat in microwave for 15 seconds at a time...heat as often as need until the chips are soft and forms a liquid). Combine the melted chocolate with the cream cheese in a bowl and blend well. Spread on top of the cookie. Design fruit. Enjoy. Super Easy. I want to find a healthier version...but I was short on time and so I didn't want to experiment TOO much.



What's on the menu for tomorrow night? A vegan alfredo whole wheat pasta (we will be adding chicken and broccoli, peas, and spinach). I am using the vegan recipe because the sauce is much more healthy than a traditional alfredo sauce. Hopefully it comes out yummy!

1 comment: