Wednesday, September 28, 2011

RemakingRacheal #5

























Thank you, ephemera, for the wonderful and witty wake up call. It has been nearly a week since my last (substantial) post. And what has happened in that time? I have begun to see results. Though minor. I doubt anyone else would see them but I do, and the best part is I feel them. That's great, but my mind is going, "Uh-oh". Usually around this time I start to feel a lot better...and I think, "hey, I'm seeing results (though minor)...it's okay if I miss one workout, right?" Well one would turn into two, two into four...and by the end of the week I would lose all motivation.

It is SO much easier to not care. To not think about the food I'm putting into my body. To not push my body to sweat (it hurts!!). But where is that getting me? So, I promised myself 90 days of P90X. 3 months. Even though I'm feeling results (yay!) I'm going to maintain my commitment. Only 68 more workouts to go!

Today, I admit, was difficult. I craved EVERYTHING but (and I'm sorry readers because I believe it is due to natural reasons when once a month I NEED chocolate pizza sugar peanut butter chocolate chicken nuggets chocolate). I am happy to report I did not give into my cravings and stuck to my clean eating routine. For everyone who doesn't know what clean eating is, basically it's fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and lean proteins. It's avoiding anything artificial which is a food philosophy I LOVE because really, do our bodies need aspartame, preservatives, and added hormones? Sure, you aren't consuming as many calories, but our bodies weren't designed to consume these ingredients. If you're going to have a coke, have a coke. Just don't have one every day. That is my food philosophy.

Speaking of aspartame...I recently read an article that Penn State has been using the virus AAV2 to combat breast cancer. The virus is harmless to people but destroys cancer cells. I'm excited to see if they will be able to use this virus on all forms of cancer. Ken thinks we are now just waiting for a real life I Am Legend. Silly Ken.
Ken, my wonderful husband, just got home from taking his car in for an oil change...and a new serpentine belt...and other malfunctioning parts. We JUST had a bunch of work done on his car a few months back...and now we are having more. I realize that cars need maintenance but seriously?! We JUST did this. My car needed stuff next, not silly Ken’s car. And wouldn’t that money be better served on clothes and shoes? I would much rather spend it on a shopping trip. Oh, well. I guess that’s part of being an adult. Lame.
I had to groom the dogs today. Why? Because my dogs are super hairy. Don't believe me?


Brushed out Lynx (she really needed it)!


Brushed out Moose (such a sad face, Moose!).


Okay, I lied. We actually got a fifth creature. That's right. It lives in my vacuum cleaner. Look at all that hair! And it is like this every month! But I love them. Moose always takes it personally when I groom him. He sulks the rest of the day and hides behind Ken. He is such a sensitive dog.

I'm pretty sure that my cats believe they are dogs. Lola keeps going into the dog's kennels. She will walk in, explore, and come back out. But today I found her sleeping in Moose's kennel! It was so strange and silly.



We're hoping she grows into it. =)

And just because Mac is too cute.



The flash was too much for him...he had to cover his eyes from the light! Such a silly kitty.

It is THAT time of the week. That's right, Modern Family. So excited!


1 comment:

  1. I thought you were hiding a fifth animal! I love this. Did you use the Furminator? Its the best!

    ReplyDelete